Monday 10 May 2010

Nedry

I'll admit, these guys are probably only the greatest band in the world ever this week because they are bathed in the alluring glow of all things shiny and new.

I caught them supporting the also very excellent 65daysofstatic a few days ago, and was quite taken with their ethereal trip-hoppy electronica. Glitchy beats, a few dub step moments, a hint of jazz guitar and some not-quite-Bjork vocals all woven together to make something that's honestly not awful at all. Though I must concede, now that I read it back to myself it sounds a bit like the aural equivalent of George's Marvellous Medicine.

Having only discovered Nedry some 52hrs ago, I can't claim to know much else about them. Apparently their moniker is inspired by a shared love of the film Jurassic Park (Nedry was the name of the useless fat guy)... that's about it.




Wikipedia: nope

No comments:

Post a Comment