Monday 21 February 2011

Mogwai

Kind of a no-brainer choice this week, as I went see these cheery Scottish fellows a few days ago.

Although saying that, the gig itself was mildly disappointing... It wasn't bad, by any stretch of the imagination, it just wasn't quite the all consuming and life-affirming wash of despairing euphoria that I expected. It didn't help that the venue was The 02 Academy, which somehow manages to combine the muddy sound and impersonal nature of a large venue with the claustrophobia and poor views of a small venue; and then tops it all off by charging £3.90 for a pint of medium strength domestic lager beer. Jerks. Every time I see a band at the Academy I swear that I'll never go back again...

...and then an amazing band like Mogwai will be playing there, and I am powerless to resist their majestic post-rock siren call.

Dammit.




No comments:

Post a Comment