Tuesday 9 August 2011

Kepone

I once read a review for these guys in some magazine, which said something along the lines of "Kepone's ascent to rock stardom is unlikely to be interrupted by bassist Michael Bishop winning Miss World."

Hardly a startling observation. But based on this entirely uninformative piece of music journalism, and the fact that two of my other favourite bands at the time had names beginning with the letter K (Kyuss and Karma To Burn, if you're wondering), I picked up a record.

I'm not too sure what I was expecting; probably something a bit sludgy or stoner, and almost certainly not the abrasive hick-punk that did spill out of my speakers. It was damn good though, and got even better when they meandered off into more improvised sounding jams.

They are now, of course, quite defunct. As far as I can tell, they were generally well regarded but not exactly commercially successful. Despite Michael Bishop never winning Miss World.




Website: nope
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/keponetribute (tribute page)

No comments:

Post a Comment