Monday 31 October 2011

Iron Monkey

I popped into my local second hand record shop the other day. I only went in to pick up an old Sonic Youth record I spotted the previous weekend, but figured that since I was there I might as well have a bit of a poke around...

A few hours later I left with the Sonic Youth record, plus nine others - one of which was the eponymous debut from these guys.

I now find myself wondering how the hell I managed for so long without such unutterable filth in my life. I knew of Iron Monkey by reputation; and much like the mighty Botch, I think I first heard of them when I read mournful articles about their dissolution.

They are now of course long defunct; and having only recently popped my Iron Monkey cherry, there's not a whole lot I can tell you about them. It's all very raw, very sludgy and very noisy; and the world is probably a far safer place without it.




No comments:

Post a Comment