Wednesday 1 September 2010

Echobelly

Those with functioning memories might recall that last week, I described Echobelly as being "offensively inoffensive". On the face of it, describing them as the greatest band in the world ever a mere six days later may seem like a U-turn of neck snapping magnitude. So consider the following.
  • I did also describe them as quite brilliant.
  • Their second album On (which is what I've been mostly listening to this week) is something of a grower; and has some astonishingly good songs on it.
  • I've been in curiously good spirits lately, so inoffensive will do me just fine thank you.
  • The greatest band in the world ever changes each week for a reason; I'm nothing if not fickle.
  • I don't have to explain myself to the likes of you. Fuck you, internets.
I'm glad we've got that cleared up. I can now get back to ordering the rest of Echobelly's no doubt stellar back catalogue, secure in the knowledge that my integrity remains untarnished.




No comments:

Post a Comment