Sunday 26 September 2010

Taint

Sadly this is more of a tribute than a celebration, as South Wales' finest have decided that they can bear my rabid fanaticism no longer and are calling it a day.

I first heard them some years ago, when I picked up a split EP they did with noisy Welsh bastards Black Eye Riot; and although it was the Black Eye Riot half of the split that I was most interested in initially, it was the three songs that Taint contributed that I found myself listening to over and over again. I still struggle to define exactly how they sound; there's nothing really fancy about their brand of hard rock. They just write damn fine songs, all groove and hefty riffs.

And they play well, too. I've seen them live more times than any other band, and they have never been anything less than stellar; not just great musicians, but a great band.

Sigh...

Bye chaps.




No comments:

Post a Comment