Sunday 15 April 2012

Pelican


Once again, my opinion of which band is the greatest in the world ever is informed largely by the gig I most recently attended.  But they were superb, so it's not just because I lack imagination or have a short attention span.

Although I do lack imagination and have a short attention span.

In any case, Pelican were superb.  For the last few years their sound has been steadily developing and maturing, which I guess is nice enough in a pretentious chin-strokey soundscapey kind of way; but I was starting to miss the thunderous majestic sludgery of old.  Which is why I was grinning like an idiot when they took to the stage and spent the next hour levelling the place with big fucking riffs, closing with a fine rendition of Mammoth from their 2001 debut EP.

Seismic.




No comments:

Post a Comment